Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer begins....

So I think I can officially say it's summer. I mean, I know it's not summer summer, but it's summer enough for me. Though work and finances aren't where I want them to be right now at least I'm done with school for now. My grandmother and aunt arrived well yesterday and it should prove to be an interesting next 6 weeks. My grandmother always brings a lot of peace (much needed in this case) to my household, so that will be nice. There's also the added bonus that the end of her trip will also be taking my family (minus me) back to Brazil. I'll have a nice quiet house for a while at least. They drive me crazy, but I know I'll miss them, at least I'll have Jack and Dexter for company.

Today was a good day overall, family loves my boyfriend which is a perk, mom has calmed down a little, the weather was nice, and I'm back to designing which is fantastic. I'm going to use the time my grandmother is here to work on not only my curtains for my room (which I am in dire need of thanks to my creepy neighbors), but also my Halloween costume as well as a few pieces I'm designing. It's a lot cheaper to make dresses for summer than to buy them, plus you get the added bonus of a better fit and it being exactly what you wanted. Same goes for things like jewelry, I make very basic designs, but at least I know I like them. Which leads me to another great things this weekend...
I had wanted an agate necklace like some I had seen from top designers, the only problem was that even the cheapest ones I could find from designers no one had heard of, were several hundred dollars! I knew I couldn't afford one from Gucci (even though I was in love with it) because it was several thousand dollars, so I asked my grandfather for his help. The area of Brazil my family is from is rich with mines, from gold to jewels, it's fertile with beautiful things. My grandfather is good friends with a jeweler. I sent him the designs for what I was hoping to get and this weekend it came to fruition! I received two BEAUTIFUL agate necklaces as well as a keychain with the same cut. I can't wait to wear them!

Well, it's been a long day, so I'm off to bed.

Wishing everyone a wonderful start to summer.

- Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment